Conference and Region Chief Challenges
By Joe Daley
NOAC’s coveted Conference Champion and Region Chief Challenge awards exposed amazing interactions of fun, fellowship and learning.
Arrowmen could track their progress towards becoming a Conference Champion using the Spark portal to participate in nine activities to complete the requirements.
Those who completed this challenge could engage at an even higher level — the Region Chief Challenge, an additional seven activities which include attending shows, interacting with Eagle Scouts and visiting the Centennial fire.
You may claim your prize at the region booths in The Hub after completing your requirements.
Track your progress toward becoming a Conference Champion using the Spark portal, and inform your contingent leader once you have completed the following requirements, earning the Conference Champion Patch:
1. Participate in the Conference Orientation on Monday.
2. Visit the Goodman Edson Observatory.
3. Meet at least one Centurion Award recipient and find out about the recipient’s legacy of service.
4. Learn about lodges around the country at the Lodge Legacy Displays in The Hub.
5. Attend training on each day it is offered, including the keynote sessions. Check in at each session, including the Innovation Engine.
6. Do one of the following:
a. Submit an article to the Arrowmen Press Corps.
b. Participate in a Social Media Guerrilla Event.
7. Find your sense of adventure at The Experience in The Hub.
8. Contribute to a reflection discussion during a lodge contingent meeting.
9. Uphold the values of the Scout Oath, Scout Law and Obligation of the Order of the Arrow, and observe the NOAC Code of Conduct.
The Region Chief Challenge provides youth attendees who have achieved Conference Champion status with an opportunity to engage with NOAC 2015 at an even higher level. Track your progress using the Spark Portal. Claim your prize at the region booths in The Hub after you’ve completed these requirements.
1. Become a Conference Champion.
2. Attend three NOAC shows.
3. Do one of the following:
a. Attend the Night of Champions on Thursday.
b. Attend the National Inductions Leadership Forum on Thursday.
4. Do one of the following:
a. Attend the conferencewide service project on Friday.
b. Participate in OAWarrior.
5. Trade your Spark cap with another Arrowman and collect a cap from your own region.
6. Meet at least three Eagle Scouts and find out about their trails to Eagle.
7. Visit the Centennial Fire and spark the flame of our second century.