A. Youth and adult mixed teams.
B. There shall be no more than two (2) adults on any team.
A. A team will consist of six (6) players.
A. Forfeit time is the scheduled staring time of the contest.
B. A team may play a game with as few as four (4) players.
C. In order to claim a forfeit, a team must have their team present and ready to play.
D. If neither team is able to field the minimum number of players, a double forfeit will
A. A toss of a coin will determine which team has the choice of either serving first or
side of court
B. Length of Game
1. The first round match shall consist of one game to 21 points. (Rally Scoring)
2. The second match and beyond will be the best two out of three games to 15 points.
1. Each team is allowed one 30 second time-out per game.
2. Time-outs can be requested only when the ball is not in play.
D. The Serve
1. The first server shall be the right back player.
2. The server may not step over the service line until the ball has been contacted.
3. "Side-out" is declared when a served ball hits the net.
4. Each player must remain in position within the boundary lines of the court until the
ball has been contacted by the server.
5. Rotation shall be in a clockwise direction.
6. The serve must cross over the net without touching it. Only one serve is allowed.
7. The server must wait for a whistle from the referee before serving.
E. Legal Play
1. The ball must pass between the net poles when it crosses the net, and in three or
2. It is permissible to run out of bounds to play the ball.
3. A player may play the ball twice during a volley but not twice in succession, unless
played directly off a legal block.
4. It is legal to contact the ball with any part of the body above the waist as long as
the ball rebounds immediately.
5. When a ball touches a boundary line, it is considered good.
5. NET PLAY
A. A ball hit into the net by a team may still be kept in play provided the net is not
touched by any player.
B. No player may contact the net. If two opposing players touch the net simultaneously,
the ball is declared dead and the point will be replayed.
C. Blockers may reach over the net, however, the blocker(s) shall not contact the ball on
the opponent's side until after completion of the opponents action which sends the ball
toward the blockers side.
D. The team which has affected the block shall have three (3) more contacts. The blocker
has the right to make the first of three (3) allowable hits.
E. A spiker must contact the ball on their side of the net and may, in the follow-through,
reach over (but not touch) the net.
[Competition and Recreation