The general welfare of our group depends on the conduct of each individual; this ensures the success of NOAC and provides the maximum benefit to everyone. As an Arrowman, I understand this and support the reasonable demands of conduct expected of me.
I understand the lodge contingent leadership is responsible for supervision with respect to maintaining discipline and security; and for enforcing the NOAC Code of Conduct.
As a member of the Order of the Arrow at NOAC, I will:
- Observe the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and the Order of the Arrow Obligation.
- Follow all Youth Protection rules.
- Use social media apps appropriately and in accordance with the Scout Oath and Law.
- Be in full Scout uniform at evening shows. For all other meals, training sessions, activities and events, participants may wear a NOAC, OA or Scout t-shirt or golf shirt with their Scout shorts, skirt, or trousers.
- Attend all planned training and general sessions.
- Confine patch trading to free periods and designated areas.
- Be personally responsible for breakage, damage, or loss of property.
- Observe quiet hours and lights out from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Keep my room clean and orderly and dispose of trash in proper receptacles.
- Not change my officially assigned room without permission from NOAC headquarters. The reason: emergency calls, for example, could not be delivered when room changes are unofficial.
- Allow no unregistered person to occupy my room.
- Wear suitable covering in the resident hall when going down the corridors. I will also wear suitable covering while swimming or participating in any conference program.
- Observe all rules regarding the use of the pools and other athletic facilities.
- Refrain from the purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs at the conference, as they are not permitted and will result in immediate dismissal from NOAC. This standard applies to all youth and adult participants.
- Comply with federal, state and city laws, and university regulations, including those that prohibit the use of fireworks, firearms, and gambling. Infraction of these laws and regulations will be cause for immediate dismissal from NOAC.
- Not sell items at the conference. I understand that the official trading post is the only source for sale/purchase of memorabilia and materials at NOAC.
- Abide by the NOAC and UT Knoxville NO SMOKING policies at all times.
- At all times, be a considerate guest of a considerate host university.